Job Title: Telephony Engineer
Primary Skills: Telecom Engineering, Genesys, Avaya, ACD, ICM, VDN, CMS reporting
Location: Aurora de Heredia, Costa Rica - Ultrapark Free Zone
Telephony Engineer will assist in the research, analysis, design, testing and implementation of complex voice/data networks and communication systems in support of a converged network environment with geographically dispersed Contact Centers, Computer Telephony Integration, IP-Telephony systems, TDM PBX systems, and various adjunct peripherals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Participates in the analysis, identification and implementation of technical systems and procedures that meet business requirements in a cost effective manner, while maintaining the applicable corporate architecture standards.
• Provide subject matter input and assistance where required.
• Provides Tier 2/3 support of the production environment to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
• Participation in sizing activities, Business Requirements gathering, coordination of implementation activities.
• Engagement of applicable vendors or sourced internal support groups, prepares and documents specifications outlining changes and enhancements to various impacted systems, and ensures that assigned project tasks are completed on a timely basis in line with the committed release dates.
• Assist with System Integration Testing, end-to-end test of systems and functionality, supports customers during UAT, burn-in process, and defect resolution as required.
• 7 years’ experience in a converged network environment with geographically dispersed Contact Centers and Computer Telephony Integration.
• 2 -3 years’ experience with the following technology disciplines:
o Verizon Enterprise Center TFNM, Reporting
o Avaya/Aspect/Nortel TDM PBX platforms
o Genesys Configuration Server and CME.
• Excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and time management skills, and the ability to work effectively with peers, clients, management, and vendors.
• Proven ability to resolve technical problems.
• Excellent customer service skills, multi-tasked and detail oriented.
• Skilled telecommunications analyst to support mid to large contact center project deployments as well as new small enhancement requests.
• Strong operational expertise/experience in TDM, IPT, Carrier and CTI technologies, including Genesys CTI and its interactions with TDM Aspect/Avaya/Nortel and IP telephony systems Avaya/Cisco, including the configuration of PBX and ACD systems to support Agent Level Routing
• Working knowledge of the requirements to configure an IP telephony station or telephone to receive Agent Level Routed calls via Genesys CTI, including familiarity with Genesys Configuration Manager Environment CME.
• Working knowledge of carrier-related products and services,
• Verizon/AT&T carrier provisioning services, Cisco CUCM, Aspect ACD, Avaya Aura including Nortel, remote agent softphones.