He/she is responsible for establishing project benefits savings and project expenses, ensuring technical project feasibility and providing project management support during early project development. He/she will also be responsible for providing purchasing support for different projects.
Responsible for managing project scoping, specifically:
• Ensure accurate estimation of savings & project expenses.
• Complete processes, including part price negotiation and supplier selection, in alignment with commodity teams.
• Establish technical feasibility of project.
• Prepare Project Request document.
• Present project for approval and resourcing.
• Provide purchasing support for ongoing projects, specifically.
• Facilitate completion of documents
• Ensure appropriate contract is in place
• Provide supplier management support as needed by project team
• Ensure supplier is prepared to meet needs of receiving plant
• Accurately reporting project timing and savings in the company project-tracking tool.
May be responsible for providing complete project management, specifically
• Ensuring all part qualification process requirements are met.
• Meeting project timing and budget targets.
As Strategic projects team is also responsible for supplier changes and other strategic projects this position may be called upon to support projects from time to time as required by the business.
EDUCATION – MINIMUM REQUIRED
Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Engineering
MBA in International Business / Engineering / Supply Chain is a plus
EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
Minimum 5 years of Purchasing experience in a project management environment, within a Purchasing/Sourcing team of a Multinational corporation
Strong experience in Purchasing tools TCO, Should Cost, RM Indexation Supplier qualification/selection, request for proposal, negotiations, contract or formal supply agreement execution
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Spoken and written fluent communication in English
• Project management skills
• Leadership skills, proactive, dynamic
• Strong negotiation skills
• Strategic thinking
• Cross cultural awareness
• Capability of handling multiple and conflicting priorities and effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
• Communication written - ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner internally as well as externally
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• Presentation and report generation skills to project, corporate senior management
• At ease with IT tools MS Office products, e-mail, web enabled tools and processes
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
• The position is located at Escazú, Costa Rica
• Regional travel to Limón can be frequent 15-20