Job Title: Senior asp.net Developer
Primary Skills: Well-rounded knowledge and experience in IT/Software Development and strong knowledge of one or more technologies such as .NET, SQL, and Agile/Scrum development
Location: San Francisco de Heredia, Costa Rica - America Free Zone
Duration: LONG TERM
Position Type: Internal Hire
- Design, develop and troubleshoot high performance and high availability applications to meet Scentsy’s strategic objectives.
- Participate as part of a projects team to design, code, and test extensible, reusable, and scalable server/client and web service applications.
- Collaborate with other Software Developers, Quality Assurance, and Business Analysts on Development Projects.
- Utilize software development skills to design, code, and implement unit tests, integration tests, and regression tests.
- Participate in design and code reviews, following coding, documentation and design standards.
- Perform and deliver in a fast paced software development lifecycle with a strong dedication to a solid user experience.
- Adhere to all established procedures, policies and safety rules as outlined by the Company.
- Perform all other assigned tasks and requirements as needed.
Qualifications and Expectations:
- Work effectively as part of a projects team, foster team cooperation.
- Stay current with rapidly changing technology and apply to business needs.
- Effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Must be able to work 40 hours per week, some overtime required, perform regular on-call duties.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent understanding of commonly used programming languages, OOP, design patterns, data structures
- Knowledge of .NET framework 3.5/4.0, C#, ASP.NET, MVC, SQL Server 2005/2008, HTML/CSS, XML, JSON, jQuery.
- Experience in writing stored procedures and queries in SQL Server.
- Experience in 3-tiered applications and/or SOA design and development is highly desired.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Understanding of the Agile/Scrum project management process is helpful.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at one time.
- Ability to frequently sit, handle objects, use fine finger movements, read/comprehend, write, communicate orally, and reason and analyze.