He/she is responsible to work with existing and new suppliers, schedule inbound shipments and carry out purchasing activities.
• Carry out all purchasing activities for the effective sourcing and supply of materials and services.
• Expedite Purchase Orders and schedule inbound shipments.
• Accurate and methodical reporting of inbound delivery dates and times ETA’s to internal stakeholders.
• Assist in developing new suppliers who exceed the price and service levels of existing suppliers.
• To assist in project / reporting work as and when required.
• To ensure the ERP system data is maintained in a timely and accurate fashion
• Communicate delivery discrepancies and shortages to suppliers and internal customers.
• Work with the Procurement Manager to develop Supplier Contracts and SLA’s as required.
EDUCATION – MINIMUM REQUIRED
• Bachelor Degree from an accredited institution in Engineering, International Business, Engineering.
• Supply Chain is a plus
EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
• Minimum 1 years of purchasing experience in a project management environment, within a Purchasing/Sourcing team of a Multinational corporation
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
• Spoken and written fluent communication in English
• Have excellent communication skills.
• Have strong numerical skills.
• Be exceptionally organized and able to multitask.
• Have meticulous attention to detail.
• Have sound IT skills and competent use of MS Office products, particularly Excel.
• Have excellent problem solving skills and a proactive approach to supplier management.
• Leadership skills, proactive, dynamic
• Negotiation skills
• Strategic thinking
• Cross-cultural awareness
• Capability of handling multiple and conflicting priorities and effectively prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment
• Problem solving and analytical skills
• At ease with IT tools MS Office products, e-mail, web enabled tools and processes
LOCATION AND TRAVEL
• The position is located at Escazú, Costa Rica
• Regional travel to Limón can be frequent 15-20