coordinator of undergraduate programs
hace más de 60 días
Definition of job position:
The main responsibility of the Undergraduate Program Coordinator is to supervise Undergraduate Program of the OTS: activities, operations, programs, and projects in Costa Rica as well as to coordinate and manage the organization’s policies and guidelines. The Undergraduate Program Coordinator reports directly to his/her supervisor who is the OTS Deputy Director of Education.
• MS/Ph.D. in Biology, Ecology, Conservation Biology or a related field. mandatory
• Bilingual: 100 Spanish/English mandatory
• The Coordinator of Undergraduate Programs should have proof of experience and knowledge in education programs management experience in teaching and managing field courses personnel management budget management planning fundraising supervision and execution of projects.
• Experience in field-based education and hands-on experiential teaching a plus.
• Professional experience in supervision of undergraduate field research.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Oversee the implementation of all OTS Undergraduate Programs based in Costa Rica, including semester and summer abroad programs in tropical biology and global health and mentored research programs.
• Supervise undergraduate program staff, including orientation, training, clarification and enforcement of program policies, and regular reviews of job performance.
• Contribute to curriculum design, program implementation and program evaluation.
• Facilitate communication and effective coordination between field staff, station personnel and the Costa Rica Office logistics unit.
• Oversee program budgets and supervise financial performance and conformance.
• In coordination with Education Director and HR Department, assist in hiring new faculty.
• Collaborating with the full spectrum of staff colleagues, with the fulfillment of policies and procedures of OTS: IT, Finances, Human Resources and Operations.
• Provide support for enrollment management staff in the student recruitment, selection and admissions process.
• Work together with HR Department to recruit qualified staff.
• Maintain excellent collaborative relations with partner institutions involved in the planning and implementation of Undergraduate Programs.
• In coordination with the Education Director and the Development Office, write proposals and prepare progress reports for continuation and/or enhancement of Undergraduate Programs.
• Participate, to the extent possible, as an Instructor in Undergraduate Program course offerings.
• Oversee the implementation of emergency response protocols and procedures.
• In coordination with the Education Director, participate in strategic planning of the Education Program, and the organization.
• Maintain professional affiliations.
• Help enforce OTS policies and procedures.
• Assist with other general OTS Education Program activities, as defined by the Deputy Education Director.
• Any other duty that his/her acting supervisor assigns that is inherent to the position and his/her capacity.
Start Date: June 1, 2014
Application deadline: April 30, 2014
Please submit the following materials in a single pdf document via the OTS website ots.ac.cr: cover letter, curriculum vitae with list of 3 references, salary expectation and statement of teaching philosophy. Applications may also be sent electronically to (use el botón)
OTS is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.