comunicación / communications specialist
hace más de 60 días
The Organization for Tropical Studies seeks a dynamic individual to support its communication initiatives. This position will provide support and guidance to the key stakeholders on OTS’ internet presence and strengthen the external image of the Organization through the institutional website and social media. In addition, this role will provide technical and administrative support to the Department of Communication and Development.
Favor enviar su CV antes del 5 de enero del 2016 a la dirección electrónica, escribiendo todo seguido SIN ESPACIOS con los signos que corresponde marisolPUNTOmarinARROBAtropicalstudiesPUNTOorg Favor incluir referencias laborales y aspiraciones salariales SU APLICACIÓN SOLO SERÁ REGISTRADA SI ENVIA SU CV AL CORREO INDICADO O APLICANDO A TRAVES DE LA PAGINA DE WEB DE OET, NO APLIQUE EN FORMA ATOMATICA POR ESTE MEDIO PUES NO SERÁ REGISTRADA SU APLICACIÓN.
• Degree in communication, graphic design, journalism, or marketing.
• Proven experience managing and maintaining websites, preferably using Joomla 3 or above.
• Moderate understanding of graphic design programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash and Fireworks among others, as well as audiovisual.
• Fluent in English: both speaking and writing skills.
• Proven experience in community management.
• Proven experience using tools such as Google Developers and Google Analytics.
• Experience with SEO, SEM, SMO, SMM desirable.
• Responsible for the coordination and timely production of the annual OTS calendar. Includes theme development in conjunction with management, collection of images, acting as main contact for graphic designer and printer.
• Produce monthly electronic Spanish language newsletter utilizing Constant Contact.
• Manage relationship with journalists’ inquiries, filming crew reservations, and press contacts database.
• Translation of text English-Spanish and Spanish-English
• General image design desirable.
• Any other functions assigned by the immediate supervisor.
• Any other duty that his/her acting supervisor assigns that is inherent to the position and his/her capacity.
Submit cover letter, curriculum vitae with list of 3 references, salary expectation and Web site addresses that have been maintained or developed above using Joomla 3 or higher and visual designs and samples.
Electronic applications are preferred and may be submitted online via the OTS website:
(use el botón)
Applications may also be sent electronically to marisol.marinARROBAtropicalstudies.org