To assist the Prorgrammes manager and the Programmes officer in the implementation and development of WSPA’s campaigns initiatives, in support of WSPA’s global and regional objectives.
2 POSITION IN ORGANISATION
• Reports to Programmes Manager, Mexico, Central America & the Caribbean.
Liaises at all levels as appropriate internally and externally when needed
3 SCOPE OF JOB
Supports and provide logistics to campaign initiatives in the region
4 DIMENSIONS & LIMITS OF AUTHORITY
• Responsible for accurate communication of factual information to government officials, the media, supporters and the public.
� Educated to degree level or equivalent essential
� Project management skills
� Experience in providing support to planning and organizing a successful advocacy campaign
� Sensitivity to animal welfare issues
� Knowledge of the internet and good general computer skills essential
� Proven writing, editing and proofreading skills
� The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Campaigns Management 100
• Assists the Programmes Manager in creating campaign strategies to further the objectives of the organization
• Coordinates global campaign strategies with staff in other WSPA offices
• Corresponds and meets with government officials, other NGO’s, etc.
• Researches statistics and information to be used for international WSPA campaigns
• Researches animal welfare issues and writes campaign reports and other educational materials.
• Carries out advocacy programs nationally
• Develops and executes strategies to disseminate information to the public, government bodies and other audiences.
• Mobilizes supporters and the public to lobby government officials to improve animal protection laws.
• Assists Programmes Manager when necessary.
Please send resume, including salary expectations to: (use el botón)